i messed up my pancake batter! how to improve it ?

my pancake batter was ready but then i realized that i hadn't put oil in it so i added oil on top of the batter when i put it on the pan it became thin,weird transparent !! how to improve it ?

Bevi
Bevi April 8, 2015

I like to use melted butter vs oil..and incorporate the butter into the rest of the wet ingredients.

PieceOfLayerCake April 8, 2015

A pancake batter is more or less "dump and stir". Why didn't you just fold the oil in when you realized you had missed it? The batter would be a little overworked, but at least the ingredients would have been correct.

LE BEC FIN
LE BEC FIN April 9, 2015

I hate to admit it, but there have been a number of times that i have forgot to add some critical ingredient to a cake, pancake, etc. batter.I use a rubber spatula to put back the batter in its bowl; then i add the missed ingredient , using whatever method the recipe requires; then i continue with the cooking/baking etc. in a new pan (or the used pan, cleaned and dried and prepared.) ** The important thing here is that you do not want to 'overwork' your batter etc. So, add the missing ingredient quickly.

Joanna BG
Joanna BG April 10, 2015

Depending on the type of pancake butter in most cases it still should turn out ok without added butter or oil.