Does anyone have recommendations for a good springform pan?

I try to avoid nonstick pans, but it seems like that is the only option. Thoughts?

asked by Annabelle over 3 years ago

drshakyhands

If you search on Amazon, there are numerous spring form pans that do not have a non-stick coating. I have been very happy with my Fat Daddio's anodized aluminum 8" round pans and I imagine their spring form pan is of similar quality.

Shannon

Kaiser La Form Plus Nonstick. I got both of mine from Amazon and love the way they perform.

Do you think there are pros/cons to using non-stick?

Meaghan F

Also interested in this answer - I use nonstick springforms because I find cake sides get less craggy but would like to hear the arguments against it.

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

Certain cakes, like chiffon and genoise, require ungreased sides....nonstick sides can impede maximum rise.

sfmiller

There are plenty of nonstick springform pans available. I'd look at a restaurant supply stores (brick-and-mortar or online) for a sturdy aluminum one built for everyday use by pros. For example:

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/10389/springform-cake-pans.html

I like Chicago Metallic and Fat Daddio's for my cake pan/ring needs. They're generally no frills and industrial grade. I'm not a huge fan of springform pans in general, unless water baths aren't involved. What is it for?

Annabelle

Thank you everyone for your responses and thoughts on this! I use springform pans mostly for flourless chocolate cakes and cheesecake.