I love to make mushroom risotto

Just bought some dried ground shiitake mushrooms. I wondering in what ways to use the dried ground mushrooms to create more flavor in dishes.

asked by Scottielew over 3 years ago

LE BEC FIN

Like whole dried mushrooms, i am guessing the powder needs some warm liquid to bring out its flavor- before it is added to dishes? Then it could be added to anything you like shiitakes for: soups, sauces, stir fries, risotto. I have read of chefs who coat fish filets w/ it before sauteeing......

Scottielew

Thank you...great suggestion

Adding to Le Bec Fin's suggestion I would use the water you reconstitute the mushrooms into the risotto for added flavor.

Scottielew

I was thinking of using a coffee filter and warm water to extract the flavor. Thanks for the idea!

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

I LOVE using dried, ground mushrooms in rubs. I just blitz it in a coffee grinder with other spices like coriander, black mustard, pepper, etc. and rub it on beef and pork. I think it works better with heartier meats, but I've never tried it on chicken/fish. It's also really amazing in braises/stews. It's like concentrated mushroom power.

bigpan

Dried mushroom powder can be gritty.
Reconstitute to get a nice dark liquid, then filter the grit out.