🔕 🔔

I bought an oregon truffle at the farmers market on sunday, I want to shave it over risotto, but I'm wondering if a super robust mushroom or sausage risotto would drown out the flavor of the truffle. I have never used a truffle in cooking before, should I stick to a more delicate flavored risotto like leek, parmesan, peas and maybe proscuitto? does it matter?

asked by yummy_noises almost 7 years ago

2b00435b fe24 44bb afe2 ad3364f28f79  1390710 10151917400148928 1193325941 n 1

My advice would be make the truffle the star of the show. Make a simple but delicious Risotto Bianco: butter, shallot, white wine, arborio rice, and chicken stock. The pinnacle of simple delicious-ness.

Sorry, but I think Oregon truffles suck. They don't taste anything like the real deal.

I have to second pikawicca on this one. I've tasted 'em, don't like 'em. That said, don't waste it. Shave it over hot pasta or risotto, but there's no getting around the fact that Oregon truffles are nothing close to the Italian and French heritage. Now they do have pretty damn good morels and chanterelles in Oregon but it's a tale of two different funghi.

....another comment, truffles have a very short shelf life. If you bought it Sunday use it NOW!

73cd846c b69c 41fe 8f8b 7a3aa8dd3b93  desert

@Pikawicca. Are you under the impression someone was taking a poll on truffles? The idea here is to be helpful not stupid. Who cares what your opinion is. If your have something useful to say then say it. Otherwise don't. Your post was rude and you didn't even come close to answering the question. A good example would be Mr. Vittles. Who cares what your opinion is on oregon truffles. Give advice that can help.