Weird ketchup combinations?

What's the weirdest thing you eat with ketchup?

Sarah is Food52's senior staff writer & stylist.

Panfusine

Ketchup sandwich was a childhood favorite of mine, made with 3 or 4 slices of white bread layered with the thick spoonable version of the condiment with the crust cut off to reveal the beautiful red lines!.
My son likes it with Dosai (South indian style lentil crepes)

JulieS

My Dad used to put ketchup on everything including in his pea soup.

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

Greek yogurt

I love me some ketchup! Of COURSE I dip my grilled cheese in it, and it goes on scrambled eggs and fried egg sammiches, and Ivan Ramen introduced me to fried rice with ketchup draped in egg and squirted with MORE ketchup. Secret Sauce for Animal Style burgers:
https://food52.com/recipes...

I no longer put it on my cream of wheat or oatmeal, for that I switched to Louisiana Hot Sauce ... though MIXING and adding them would be awesome ...

TobiT

Cottage cheese. And scrambled eggs. And though I've never tried it before, I now have a hankering for potato chips with ketchup!

TobiT

By the way: KETCHUP or CATSUP?

Stephanie

Ok, it's not actually eaten with the ketchup but blended into it. So, I don't know if it technically counts but...Banana peppers! A local food truck does tots served with banana pepper ketchup and it's awesome. Just the right amount of acid and a subtle warmth.

Stephanie

Oh and I just remembered that my sister and I loved to put ketchup on our mac and cheese when we were little. I shudder to think about that flavor now.

Scrambled eggs and ketchup; and what Stephanie said: mac and cheese with just a little ketchup mixed in.

Not necessarily weird, but both my mother's recipes for meatloaf and brisket (pot roast) include a couple of good glugs of ketchup, mixed in during cooking. Just not the same without.

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

Can I be "that guy" and say that ketchup is violently disgusting? If not, I'll keep it to myself.

My sister used to stir ketchup into her cottage cheese when we were kids.

keg72

I love dipping potato chips, grilled cheese and pickles (separately!) into ketchup. And the ketchup must be Heinz.

Kristen W.
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

Eggs, eggs, eggs, eggs, eggs!

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

My older brother used to eat ketchup sandwiches w saltine crackers instead of bread. He had theater group after school and that was his supper on the fly!

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

Ketchup mixed with tartar sauce and served with french fries!

Tony S

I no longer eat it but my favorite sandwich when I was a kid goes like this- white bread, american cheese, bologna, ketchup, and mayonnaise.

I just lost my appetite while typing...

C
C

one of my best friends in childhood used to dip her slices of plain cheese (or pepperoni) pizza in ketchup

Leslie Stephens
Leslie Stephens

Assistant Editor, Food52

Ketchup + cottage cheese 4ever and always #noregrets