🔕 🔔

Broad cheese

My director's ESL textbook says that cheeses can be described as broad. It doesn't give any explanation. Any idea what that means in terms of cheese? Is it referring to shape? Flavor?

asked by Rachelwrites over 2 years ago

No, I have never heard 'broad' applied to cheese as a descriptive term. Can you provide the text in which that appears? Could it be a typographical error?

C4950803 7ae7 4d2a 9c91 ff8b856fe028  dscf0339

I am thinking it is just nonsense. The emphasis was on the grammar in the question but it piqued her interest about describing cheese. I believe the completed sentence read "Broad and hard are words used to describe various kinds of cheese".

Voted the Best Answer!

I think that is a huge typo and it should have been "soft and hard"--"soft" referring to cheeses like chevre or ricotta, or even brie.