🔕 🔔

Can you substittue greek yogurt for the sour cream/cottage cheese in a kugel.

Wanted to make vegetable kugel using steamed red cabbage, chard, beets and w/w broad noodles. eggs and greek yogurt? would that work? and what spices might someone recommend.

asked by sheredel about 6 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

yes--sounds great. (I substitute Greek yogurt for sour cream all the time. It works really well.) I think I'd like a za'atar blend with that combination to add some zing and spice: sesame seeds, thyme, sumac, salt and aleppo pepper. (basically thyme and sesame with peppery and sour notes as well, if you don't have those spices.)

Yes, it's an excellent sub.

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

Sheredel, that sounds delicious! Like drbabs, I substitute greek yogurt for sour cream all the time.