Can you substittue greek yogurt for the sour cream/cottage cheese in a kugel.

Wanted to make vegetable kugel using steamed red cabbage, chard, beets and w/w broad noodles. eggs and greek yogurt? would that work? and what spices might someone recommend.

asked by sheredel about 7 years ago

yes--sounds great. (I substitute Greek yogurt for sour cream all the time. It works really well.) I think I'd like a za'atar blend with that combination to add some zing and spice: sesame seeds, thyme, sumac, salt and aleppo pepper. (basically thyme and sesame with peppery and sour notes as well, if you don't have those spices.)

Yes, it's an excellent sub.

wssmom

Sheredel, that sounds delicious! Like drbabs, I substitute greek yogurt for sour cream all the time.