Favorite Garlic Parmesan Toast Recipes?

I'm looking to see if anyone does a really good garlic toast, with Parmesan, to accompany italian marinara sauce dishes?
I do a basic one, w/ 1/4" sliced sourdough, evoo, butter, minced garlic, parm, cayenne. I did some web searching but came up w/ nothing special, except that it's a good idea to mix butter w/ evoo.
Appreciate your help!

asked by LE BEC FIN over 3 years ago

Garlic Fiend

I don't think there is any way to screw up garlic toast. I mean, garlic, butter, and cheese...what's not to like? :) What I do sometimes is cut a clove of garlic in half and rub the cut side onto hot toast (toast bread with butter or olive oil) for those who love the garlic flavor but not want to eat pieces of garlic. I also like a light sprinkling of of chopped parsley.

Another approach is to make compound butter with garlic and parsley and spread that on the bread for toasting so all that garlicky goodness melts into all the nooks and crannies.

Garlic Fiend

I forgot to add that I also make garlic pull-apart rolls if you are a fan of garlic bread and you don't mind making your own bread.

keg72

Are you able/willing to share your recipe, Garlic Fiend? That sounds great!

Garlic Fiend

Here's the recipe I use from Father Dominic: http://breadmonk.com/pull-apart-garlic-bread.html. He's my favorite bread baker.

Use any white bread recipe that makes 2 loaves or use refrigerated dough. I use his white bread recipe that he's also posted on his website.

These are more like large croutons but very tasty
http://www.epicurious.com...

There's also a recipe floating around for pull-apart cheesy garlic bread, usually done with a boule, if you're looking for something different.

Here's the pull-apart cheesy garlic bread
http://www.thekitchn.com...

Roast a head or two of garlic bulbs and lightly smash with kosher salt, butter and grated Parmesan reg. Use toasted Italian bread.

oops, include EVOO and chopped parsley.

Kristen W.
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

Along with the above suggestions, you could also use a compound butter with garlic and heartier herbs like rosemary, thyme, oregano for some added punch.