🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Oatmeal and Lavender Shortbread

68c78ca8 19e7 4976 8b08 769554002be7  cp shortbread3

I have a question about the recipe "Oatmeal and Lavender Shortbread" from QueenSashy. Just pulverized some oats in the grinder to have for some other recipes. Can I use the (maybe lightly toasted first) fresh ground oat flour for this recipe? If so-how much? (grams or cups ok)

asked by Salvegging over 2 years ago

D4bb8500 a3be 4577 b992 6f896286c8e2  spoon

I don't see why you couldn't use pulverized (ground) oats instead of whole, rolled oats for this recipe.
However - I would use caution when measuring. The recipe calls for 1 1/4 cups of rolled oats. When you use ground oats, a lot more oats is going to fit in that volumetric measurement. Ideally, you could figure out how much 1 1/4 cups of rolled oats weighs and then use an equivalent weight of the ground oats. That's what I would do, anyway. Otherwise you may end up with some seriously dense cookies that don't hold together well or are very dry.
With a quick google search, I found this conversion for you:
http://www.traditionaloven...
Looks like 1.25 cups of rolled oats is about 112 grams.

8c8ec8f4 5fd3 4b82 9ca9 854594933eec  napolitano 443

thanks!