A question about a recipe: Crispy Pretzel-Peanut Butter Bars

E62fdfe7 5366 429b 98b1 35d2eedd5349  2015 0414 pretzel peanut butter crispy bars 020

I have a question about the recipe "Crispy Pretzel-Peanut Butter Bars" from Riley Wofford. Can you substitute something for the corn syrup?

asked by Megan Town over 3 years ago

Assonta Wagner

I would try maple syrup~there isn't too much syrup in the recipe. You may have to play around with it. Start out with half amount and go from there since maple syrup is not as thick and apt to create a candy-like consistency easily

or try Golden Syrup, a great British product sometimes available in the baking section of USA/Canada grocery stores.

Honey! A one to one sub would be perfect.

LE BEC FIN

A detailed answer for you is here:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070705020711AAxXX9A
Basically, for this recipe, you could sub golden syrup, honey, or molasses--all inhibit crystallization/graininess.

i believe, because of this recipe, that you could use corn syrup or golden syrup, both of which are chemically suited for this peanut butter recipe. But I thought honey maple syrup, sugar- did not have the right chemical makeup for this recipe.

LE BEC FIN

sorry, typo! honey will work. (The bottom paragraph was supposed to be deleted.)