🔕 🔔

white chocolate cake

Baking geniuses is there a scientific reason why I couldn't make this cake with white chocolate? http://food52.com/recipes... Aside from the possibility of cloying sweetness

asked by Aliwaks over 2 years ago

Hmm...I'm certainly not a baking genius and I haven't made your cake recipe. But, I think Alice Medrich qualifies as a baking genius. Here's what she has to say... https://food52.com/blog...

But, as long as it's just a trial run and you're not counting on the cake to turn out, why not try it! I'd be interested to hear how it turns out, if you do.

731da808 0ee6 4688 813c 05a2a7f1ca9b  16463817 10154453650334385 2720521257626860247 o

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

The cocoa solids in chocolate affect its ability to set, which is why dark chocolate often has a stronger snap to it than milk and white (that, and proper tempering). In many cake recipes, the chocolate content is responsible for the final texture and structure. White chocolate, which is pretty much pure fat and sugar, doesn't have enough heft to carry other ingredients.

3a07161a c04e 4fa1 b28d 18a97a109314  img 7662

Thank you! that's what I was wondering, I wanted some thing that would have the creamy truffle texture without going cheesecake, and make it gluten free without using nuts- but it may have to become a marscapone cheescake