What to serve woman at 4 pm

I'm hosting a small committee meeting of women at 4 pm tomorrow. It precedes a full meeting at 6:30 pm where dessert will be served. Any ideas of something very light I can serve at 4? I thought of tea sandwiches and some small cookies, but would love ideas.

asked by ATL about 3 years ago

ATL
ATL

Edit: women not woman!!

Amanda's chicken salad is one of my favorite protein salads on the side. Served with a baguette could be a good choice: https://food52.com/recipes...

ATL
ATL

Thank you!!! These are great ideas.

MobyCat

I once found a recipe for caramelized onion and apple tartlets. Cut puff pastry into small triangles, caramelize onions and green apple (peeled), top with manchego, cheddar, or other cheese of your choice and thyme, bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. Delicious!

I concur with the protein thought and would add that I was always glad to see some nice cut up fruit back when I had to go to / eat at meetings. The little made sandwiches are nice for pick-up ability as well, maybe a combo of AJs small quiches and then a few choices like tuna, a vegetarian hummus with cucumber, and a cold cut sandwich? Too much?

jessicamclement

You could try an interesting take on sandwiches - for example empanadas? You can make the dough ahead of time and then make and bake them the morning of the event. Empanadas are always loved when I serve them at "apero" events! I use this recipe and it is perfect: http://givemeflour.com... .