🔕 🔔

What to serve woman at 4 pm

I'm hosting a small committee meeting of women at 4 pm tomorrow. It precedes a full meeting at 6:30 pm where dessert will be served. Any ideas of something very light I can serve at 4? I thought of tea sandwiches and some small cookies, but would love ideas.

asked by ATL over 2 years ago

ATL

Edit: women not woman!!

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Amanda's chicken salad is one of my favorite protein salads on the side. Served with a baguette could be a good choice: https://food52.com/recipes...

ATL

Thank you!!! These are great ideas.

I once found a recipe for caramelized onion and apple tartlets. Cut puff pastry into small triangles, caramelize onions and green apple (peeled), top with manchego, cheddar, or other cheese of your choice and thyme, bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. Delicious!

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

I concur with the protein thought and would add that I was always glad to see some nice cut up fruit back when I had to go to / eat at meetings. The little made sandwiches are nice for pick-up ability as well, maybe a combo of AJs small quiches and then a few choices like tuna, a vegetarian hummus with cucumber, and a cold cut sandwich? Too much?

7c1ca621 4739 43ac 852a f0cd492be618  img 8795

You could try an interesting take on sandwiches - for example empanadas? You can make the dough ahead of time and then make and bake them the morning of the event. Empanadas are always loved when I serve them at "apero" events! I use this recipe and it is perfect: http://givemeflour.com... .