🔕 🔔

Does jicama oxidize?

I'm using diced jicama in a salad tomorrow. Can I prep ahead by peeling and dicing today or will it turn brown?

asked by Chef Jil over 2 years ago

D4717912 19cf 47b6 9b87 f29b19864671  headshot

No. But it is best to keep it moist. Otherwise the texture gets a little rubbery. Add a little water to the storage container and seal it well.

It doesn't turn brown. Yay! I make a veg snack that you can buy all over the streets of Mexico. Jicama, cucumber, bell pepper, salt and chipotles chili powder and lime juice. The lime juice is not to keep it from turning brown and gets squirted on just as we are about to eat it. I make it and eat it for days. Prep away!! :)

59bd7487 bb12 4e50 b7aa a129366155c2  dsc 0040

Thank you Susan!!