Does jicama oxidize?

I'm using diced jicama in a salad tomorrow. Can I prep ahead by peeling and dicing today or will it turn brown?

asked by Chef Jil over 3 years ago

Jimmy Hoxie

No. But it is best to keep it moist. Otherwise the texture gets a little rubbery. Add a little water to the storage container and seal it well.

It doesn't turn brown. Yay! I make a veg snack that you can buy all over the streets of Mexico. Jicama, cucumber, bell pepper, salt and chipotles chili powder and lime juice. The lime juice is not to keep it from turning brown and gets squirted on just as we are about to eat it. I make it and eat it for days. Prep away!! :)

Chef Jil

Thank you Susan!!