Grant their wishes: 20% off $150+ with code GOGOGIFTS. Go, go, gifts » details
Enter code GOGOGIFTS at checkout. Offer valid through 11:59pm ET 12/11/16. U.S. only. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
🔕 🔔

Oxidation in Aritchoke Dip?

I am making a dip that is almost entirely artichoke based (not an artichoke-spinach dip). It has mascarpone and Parmesan cheeses, lemon juice, and olive oil - not too much else. Can I make it a day ahead or is it going to oxidize and turn brown?

Erin is a baking aficionado, writer, stylist, and Test Kitchen Manager at Food52. She is currently writing a cookbook.

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

With all that other stuff (esp. the lemon juice) mixed in, you should be fine. As an extra precaution, you can cover it so that the entire surface of the dip is in direct contact with plastic wrap. Sounds delicious, by the way!

0fecd8f8 6ef1 4649 9f57 83bf4668f3d0  3572
Erin McDowell

Thanks Merrill! I'll post the recipe if it turns out well!