Charred broccoli and lentil salad

Food 52 recipe for charred broccoli and lentil salad has a dressing with tahini. I'm looking for a substitute dressing or substitute for tahini.

asked by Food odyssea over 3 years ago

EmilyC

I responded on the recipe page as well, but toasted almonds or hazelnuts blitzed in a food processor work nicely in place of tahini. Use about a 1/4 cup, and add water a little at time to other dressing ingredients to get the right consistency.

Riddley Gemperlein-Schirm
Riddley Gemperlein-Schirm

Assistant Editor at Food52

You can blend peanut butter with a little bit of sesame oil and then use half the amount of the tahini asked for.