I have red snapper fillets to make for dinner this evening and am not really sure how to prepare them. Anyone have a favorite snapper preparation?

I had thought I would grill the fillets, but looking online it seems like pan frying and broiling are more popular methods.

asked by erinbdm over 3 years ago

Lara O'Brien

I like to put jerk them (30 mins w a marinade is sufficient) and then wrap in foil and throw on the bbq or you can broil. And you can serve with a quick mango salsa (mango, tomato, red onion, lime and olive oil)

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

I think snapper needs color, so I broil them briefly and season them simply.

Uncle Jess

Bon Appetit, May 2015 has a recipe that bakes snapper, new potatoes and spring onions tossed with olive oil and harissa, finishes with broiling the snapper. Its become a new favorite of mine! Really easy, too.

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

This is a very nice recipe from Bon Appetit, cod poached in saffron and tomato. It will work nicely with red snapper. http://www.bonappetit.com...

ChezHenry

Fish Two O'clock Bayou from Paul Prudhomme, or Fish in Acqua Pazza from Marcella Hazan. Google and ye shall find....

Kingfishercooks

Sprinkle 1/2 lemon on the filet. Then drizzle with olive oil and generously sprinkle with Paul P's fish magic and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. I bake the lemon half with it and then squeeze the cooked lemon again over the fish before serving with yellow rice and pease. Simple and delicious!

Uncle Jess

These answers are making me really hungry. I want to try them all.
Hope snapper are sustainable! ;^)

Pretty much any seasoning/preparation you'd use on a boneless, skinless chicken breast works well on a white fish fillet - just takes a whole lot less time to cook. So go on with your family's favorite flavors and have a great time!

Summer of Eggplant

I would marinade them in chermoula sauce and bake them.