Will this cause a fire or not ?!?! (urgent)

Soo I'm baking a turkey and Its laying on foil.. If and when the jucies fall will it cause a fire or will I just need to take out and clean the bottom piece afterwards?????

asked by Tiara over 3 years ago

Do you mean it's on a pan lined with foil or did you line your oven rack with foil? I think you mean you lined an oven rack with foil. That's not at all safe. Turkeys let off a lot of fat and juice. There's nothing to contain it.

If you're using a roasting pan with a rack no need for the foil at all. I would definitely remove. If you don't own a rack here are some hacks for a rack to cook the bird. http://food-hacks.wonderhowto.com/how-to/make-diy-roasting-rack-for-your-turkey-0158785/

MTMitchell

I made a turkey breast with sausage stuffing in a disposable foil pan, which tore and a fire started. Lucky for my dinner guests a quick thinking friend threw baking soda on the fire, thereby both putting it out and saving the turkey (I was coming at it with a fire extinguisher). Long story short of it's on foil on the rack I'd take it out and put it in a real pan. No sense tempting fate.