🔕 🔔

Can I prepare and not bake my sweet potato casserole a day ahead if it has 4 tbsp of baking power?(no eggs involved).will it fall flat when I do bake?

Want to do the prep today and bake tomorrow.. will it fall flat when I go to bake it tomorrow? there are no eggs involved so..

asked by 2nd Street Sue almost 2 years ago

Bb305185 6b66 45c6 ac96 6204c9dd8a30  dsc09796
Sarah Jampel

Sarah is Food52's senior staff writer & stylist.

I think you're right to worry about the baking powder losing its potency. I would mix all the wet components and dry components together ahead of them (go as far in the recipe as you can without activating the baking powder) and then complete final steps the day-of the meal.