🔕 🔔

Should I marinate a New York steak before grilling it?

asked by @rodriguex almost 7 years ago

If you mean a NY Strip steak, you don't need to, I think the flavor of this steak doesn't require it. I just rub olive oil, salt and pepper on it and grill it. If I pan saute, I make a sauce in the drippings w/ reduced red wine, shallots or red onions, a little garlic and chopped mushrooms. This is making me hungry, and I have no steak in the fridge!!!!

I second just coating with olive oil, salt, and pepper. When it comes to steaks, I would save marinades for cuts that are not terribly tender on their own, or need a flavor boost, like skirt and flank steak.

86176ae8 6ba1 4aab 8f30 cc7318308bd4  yo sp

Thanks guys! I went with the dab of olive oil + salt and pepper and was pleased with the results... the steak was about 1.5 inches thick so after grilling it I decided to wrap it in foil and place it on the oven at 400º for 7 minutes, I just had that for dinner and will definitely be trying it again (now with garlic butter!) ;)

400e4d7d 623d 4d8d 9194 1f038f0a6391  ny strip steak

Fff96a46 7810 4f5c a452 83604ac1e363  dsc03010

Mmmmm.