A question about a recipe: Memphis Style Pulled Pork Barbecue

D86949e7 98a8 484b b541 4e67cdf2c788  boston butt

I have a question about the recipe "Memphis Style Pulled Pork Barbecue" from Kayb. I'm using a gas grill and i can control better the grill temperature. Could you please give me an indication of the cooking temperature? Thanks!please?

asked by Alexis Sofroniou over 3 years ago

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

Slow cooking, in general, can take place as low as 150F (or lower in some cases), to 325F. Depending on how long you want it to take, I would recommend 300F for the time they suggest. You can't easily overcook slow cooked pork shoulder, so I would just cook it until it falls apart. If you're limited on time, you could raise the temp, but I would not recommend going higher than 325F.

Alexis Sofroniou

Thanks a bunch. I'll give it a go.