Our NYC Holiday Market is open (!!!) for the weekend. Come on by »
🔕 🔔

Kitchenaid pasta attachment for rigatoni. How did yours turn out? What was your dough recipe? I use the se dough recipe for fettuccini and it

Perfect. My rigatoni came out thick gummy and no holes really.???

asked by Tasha over 1 year ago
A43dee65 01b1 40a6 994d 068c78eb3eee  9f7dd561 a480 4e1b 8c8f d5da7ab5167c
dinner at ten

dinner at ten is a trusted home cook.

Your message got a little garbled, but I think you're saying you used the same dough that made very good fettuccine, and it made gummy rigatoni that were misshapen as well? In general, for an extruded pasta (like rigatoni) you need an stiffer, drier dough than you would use for rolled pasta (like fettuccine). Extruded pasta dough often (maybe most traditionally?) has no egg in it, just flour (often only semolina flour) and water. I like to use a ratio of 10 oz semolina flour (probably a little over 2 c by volume, depending how you scoop your flour) to 4 oz water. The dough will seem very dry and crumbly, but that's what you need. The extruder should press it all together nicely.

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

Did you mean the Serious Eats recipe for fettuccini?

C1ea1f13 8f50 4d99 a9f7 06ed2b62c690  image

Yea my rigatoni came out gummy thick and gross. Yes my fettucinni was excellent. I do use double 00 flour with semolina but I also put egg. Perhaps I'll try with the egg and more semolina. Thanks