Cakes for school party?
I want to bring some kind of tray-bake, or muffins or similar, to a school party this friday - any ideas for something quick? Also, it's HOT outside, and I'd rather not have the oven on for too long... Can contain all kinds of nuts, eggs, dairy, etc, this is not a problem here in Germany. Thank you!
Recommended by Food52
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Bars
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
• 1 cup brown sugar, packed
• 1 large egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 cup rolled oats
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup chocolate chips
• Optional: 1/2 cup chopped nuts (e.g., walnuts, pecans, or almonds)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and lightly grease an 8x8-inch or 9x9-inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract, and mix until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, rolled oats, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped nuts (if using).
5. Press the cookie dough evenly into the prepared baking pan.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Be careful not to overbake, as the bars will continue to cook as they cool.
7. Allow the bars to cool in the pan before cutting into squares.
These Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Bars are sure to be a hit at the school party! Enjoy!
see, for example:
Coconut 'Cheesefake' adapted by Sarah Waybright of WhyFoodWorks.com
From recipes at www.barerootgirl.com & www.bonappetit.com.