Cakes for school party?

I want to bring some kind of tray-bake, or muffins or similar, to a school party this friday - any ideas for something quick? Also, it's HOT outside, and I'd rather not have the oven on for too long... Can contain all kinds of nuts, eggs, dairy, etc, this is not a problem here in Germany. Thank you!

asked by burning-ice about 3 years ago

try the british chocolate biscuit cake (made of cookies, chocolate, milk, chilled in fridge) or other no-bake cakes (Italian, Irish, American). perfect for this weather.
see, for example:
http://edible-ireland.com...
online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904060604576574790327460286.html?mod=WeekendHeader_Rotator
Coconut 'Cheesefake' adapted by Sarah Waybright of WhyFoodWorks.com
From recipes at www.barerootgirl.com & www.bonappetit.com.
http://www.thekitchn.com...

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

I say crack a window and do a simple but deadly brownie or butterscotch blondie. Carrot cake is a personal favorite of mine but doesn't often go over well with children. If you must, I have a really good no bake cheesecake (which I loved as a child, but I was/am weird), which I set in a sheet pan, cut into squares and top with all sorts of fresh fruit. If you're short on time, "no bake" things often need a length of time to chill and set, so it may be worth a brief period of oven time.

I make wonderful "Black Bottom" Cupcakes. They are a simple chocolate cupcake; before baking you add a spoonful of a cream cheese-chocolate chip mixture that sinks down to the center as it bakes to make a creamy filling. They are moist and delicious, and they only bake 20 minutes. If your interested I can send the recipe if you message me. I don't know if you're able to get cream cheese or chocolate chips, but everyone asks me to bring these...

-and you don't have to frost them b.c. of the filling.

burning-ice

Thank you for the suggestions. In the end, I will go with the brownies, as the cakes will be outside all afternoon and I am afraid anything containing cream cheese might become bad...

Just in case: http://fakeginger.com/2010...