Can i take a muffin recipe and instead of baking in muffin cups bake in mini loaf pans?

la domestique

I would think so. You might have to cook them a bit longer. Keep an eye on the temperature to avoid over-cooked outside and undercooked inside.

wssmom

Yes. It would help to lengthen the cooking time by 5-10 minutes and lower the oven temperature by 10-15 degrees so you avoid, as la domestique says, overcooked outside and undercooked inside.Check for doneness after five extra minutes!

I'd suggest going all the way and lowering the oven temp by 25 degrees. A muffin is basically a quick bread baked in a smaller form. Which makes a quick bread basically a muffin baked in . . . I think you get my drift. Bake it lower, longer, and you'll be fine.