🔕 🔔

Do refrigerator cookies go bad?

I have a great recipe for drop cookies (aka refrigerator cookies, no-bake cookies) that uses oats, peanut butter, honey, coconut oil, and cocoa powder only. None of these go bad on their own, so I am wondering if the cookies would eventually go bad. If so, why?

I have had these in the fridge for over a week and they taste great.

asked by Caleb Osborne about 2 years ago

Most of the ingredients you've listed would last in the refrigerator for at least a few weeks. The only concern would be when the peanut butter and coconut oil become rancid. Under proper refrigeration in an airtight container, you should be able to keep them 4-6 weeks.