Got a lot of very tiny baby beets from my CSA. Peeling each teeny globe seems like it will be a giant pain. Is it necessary?

Or can I just give them a really good scrub to remove the dirt? Thanks!

asked by ceeteebee about 3 years ago

rt21

I generally roast beets , and when you do the skin comes off very easily

Hallie

I generally don't peel my beets even if they're normal size, so just washing them well should be sufficient!

Hallie

although I do tend to cut the tops and any little roots off because they're unpleasant to eat

Ashley Harris

If you roast your beets in light oil and wrap them in foil, once they are tender you can use a towel and just wipe them, and the skin comes right off without damaging texture of beets :)! ps, remember beet juice can stain

relishyourchef

I would give them a good scrub and slice thinly. I did a demo at a farmer's market and did just that. They were radish-crisp.