About how big should the meyer lemon be? My friend's tree grows them from the size of a regular x-large lemon to the size of a large orange! Shoul...

...d I add an extra egg for a larger lemon?

• Posted by: Marcie
  • July 16, 2015
Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart
Recipe question for: Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart

Trena H. July 17, 2015
After further research I found that the author of this recipe has another similar recipe called Improved Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart where she provides an estimate of weight for the lemon as between 1 1/2 - 1/3/4 ounces. Best of luck!

Trena H. July 17, 2015
...should be between 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 ounces...

SMSF July 17, 2015
Now this really piqued my curiosity, so i just weighed some of the Meyer lemons from my tree (just picked). A couple of them are close to 7 ounces each. What a tart that would make!

Trena H. July 17, 2015
Marcie - Are you positive it's a Meyer lemon tree? If so, I'd suggest using the x-large size which you describe as being closest to the average size lemon. I'll be curious to see how others weigh in on your question.

Marcie July 17, 2015
Yes, it's a meyer lemon, and another friend also has a tree that makes giant lemons. The large ones are perhaps closest to the size of an average navel orange, or a large valencia.