A question about a recipe: Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart

Ecaac223 4c57 4926 aa7b 97be6d54d8d2  food52 12 18 12 1328

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart " from dymnyno. It says:

"Put all ingredients (except tart shell) into a blender and whirl like crazy!"

Can you use a cuisinart food processor for this step?

asked by TracyD over 7 years ago

nutcakes

It is on my To Do list, but I'd think yes. A blender often makes a finer puree for soup or something like this, but I wouldn't think it is a problem, it just may be a tiny bit chunkier. This is first on my To Do list now. I love lemon tart, my fav dessert.

betteirene

I used a hand-held immersion blender and it worked just fine.

innoabrd

One issue with a cuisinart vs. a blender, is that if you have a lot of ingredients, and a lot of liquid, they are likely to leak out the drive stem. Often, I find a blender is just a lot easier for some of this stuff. I have a kitchen aid my wife gave me several years ago and it's one of my favorite things!

foongfest

I made this for the first time on Sunday for an office bake sale. I used a really crappy cheapo food processor to make it. Turned out great and it was the best seller. Bet the cuisineart could do the same and more.