🔕 🔔

Uses for broccoli leaves?

Bought a large head of broccoli that came with the leaves attached. They're dark with long stems, a little bit like kale. Would love to hear ideas for cooking them!

Amanda is the Design & Home Editor at Food52

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I like to make pesto / spread... I also add broccoli stalks (just make sure you peel off the outer green skin because it is quite tough). I make it with walnuts, lemon zest and juice, Pecorino and olive oil. It is delicious.

A2144753 15bd 405d aef4 ee07deb4d5fb  stringio

Broccoli leaves are just a good as the rest of broccoli. If they are young leaves, I eat them raw.(they make a fantastic salad. If larger and a litter on the rough side, I sauté with garlic and maybe a little soy and sriracha or balsamic vinegar. And eat alone or add to a rice or pasta dish.