A question about a recipe: Canal House's Marinated Zucchini

E84d5eea a0be 4781 87b4 61825a7a9c94  2015 0720 red wine vinegar marinated zucchini mark weinberg 727

I have a question about the recipe "Canal House's Marinated Zucchini" from Genius Recipes. Can you substitute yellow summer squash for the zucchini? I have a boat load from my CSA that needs to be used!

asked by Megan Town over 3 years ago

Absolutely! Any kind of summer squash will work, but smaller ones will taste the best.

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

I imagine this method would work with summer squash, eggplant, lettuces (heartier varieties like endive and romaine), cauliflower steaks, asparagus, fennel, even brussels sprouts. Of course summer squash and eggplant would be the closest in flavor, but this is a method to play around with!

I picked up a bunch of yellow squash (it looked better than the green) and oriental eggplants from my neighborhood farm stand. I cooked them on the grill because it's so hot here, but otherwise followed the recipe. Really delicious.

sonya

Totally interchangeable.