how to un-spice my chicken

I made this amazing chicken on the BBQ, but I accidentally added WAY too much hot sauce...how do I get rid of the spiciness?

asked by miguel over 3 years ago

dsullyo

Spiciness can be removed with an acid (vinegar, tomatoes...) dairy (yogurt, sour cream..) or sweetness (honey, sugar...) If the spiciness is already on your chicken your best bet would be to shred it and mix it with your choice to go with your recipe. Once you reach your desired taste you can use the chicken for an alternate dish. Be careful adding the dairy as leftovers won't keep as long.

A variant to this approach would be to shred the extra spicy chicken and cut it with some very plainly seasoned shredded chicken, maybe up to a 50-50 ratio.

You can use acid or sweetness to mitigate some of the spiciness as mentioned above, but you will ultimately change the flavor profile. It's up to you to decide if that's acceptable or not.

Good luck!

selwynJ

You can use sugar or yogurt