Today's the last day of our NYC Holiday Market. So come see us! »
🔕 🔔

Is there a spice ratio per lb of Fried Chicken?

Can you put too much spices? 1 TSP of one spice per lb? Of course you spice before flouring and put spice in the flour.

asked by Harry 7 months ago
48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

I searched fried chicken recipes on the site. Here are some options. Perhaps you could compare them and arrive at a variation you like. https://food52.com/recipes...

88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px

The amount of spice is a matter of personal preference. Some people might like more spices, others might find that amount too much. It's really your call.

I recommend that you find a reliable recipe from a proven source (a workhorse deadtrees cookbook like Fannie Farmer or Joy of Cooking or a carefully curated website like Serious Eats) and look at their recommendation.

You will need to think carefully about your own tastebuds and how you envision your final dish to appear on your table.

In the end, what you like is what really matters. After all, you're the one who is going to eat it, not us.

Good luck.