A question about a recipe: Tomato Salad with Corn, Summer Squash and Roasted Onions

5b82df36 96fc 4d6b 89db 07362333cc25  2013 0819 finalist golden summer salad 772

I have a question about the recipe "Tomato Salad with Corn, Summer Squash and Roasted Onions" from Merrill Stubbs. Is the summer squash supposed to be raw? Or do you cook it somehow before adding to the salad?

asked by Fanny over 3 years ago

Caroline Lange

raw! but you could cook it beforehand if you like. it would be delicious either way.

If you decide you want to cook the squash (I prefer it slightly cooked), I add it to the sheet tray about 3-5 minutes before the onions are done.