Resource for New England Thanksgiving recipes?

Does anyone have a good resource for recipes? I'll be living in New England for the next year and I thought it'd be fun to make this year's meal a traditional New England meal, with dishes like Indian/Hasty Pudding, Marlborough Pie, etc.

I hear a lot of the old ones could use improvement, but I'd rather trust in recipes that are recommended or tried and true by one's family before I take too many chances on 1 too many dishes.

asked by Cookie16 over 3 years ago

spiffypaws

"Good Maine Food" by Marjorie Mosser (with a lot of input from Kenneth Roberts). The recipes are pretty basic but do work. My Nanny always served Indian Pudding with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Perseid meteors, thanksgiving recipes...can snow - or at lest labor day - be far behind?

E E Faris

You can always rely on James Beard for food that tastes good. He wrote a cookbook called American Cookery that isn't exclusively New England, but has wonderful recipes for many of the New England classics. I highly recommend it.

This may be very helpful: http://www.theheartofnewengland.com/food-Authentic-Thanksgiving.html

I'm in CT with family in MA, VT & RI and celebrate in VT. My local library has a cookbook section just for New England cookery.

Oh, the family motto: Butter makes everything better.