🔕 🔔

My Basket ()

All questions

A Food52er wrote in looking for a fourchette, or a 2-pronged "fork" used for plating pasta.

It is similar to a meat fork, but has round tines to better grip the pasta.

She has contacted antique markets and other online stores, but has not been able to find one. Does anyone have advice on where to find one?

asked by Customer Care almost 2 years ago
4 answers 627 views
092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028
added almost 2 years ago

I just saw a video on how to make one using a pair of chopsticks, two rubber bands, and a small was of paper towel. I'll see if I can find the link.

23b88974 7a89 4ef5 a567 d442bb75da04  avatar

Nancy is a trusted home cook.

added almost 2 years ago

Or maybe called a spork?

4798a9c2 4c90 45e5 a5be 81bcb1f69c5c  junechamp

June is a trusted source on General Cooking.

added almost 2 years ago

I never heard it called :fourchette" before That's the French word for fork - and not a two-tined one. I would think you'd be more likely to find one at a restaurant supply store like J.B. Prince.

Let's Keep in Touch!

Get the recipes and features that have us talking, plus first dibs on events and limited-batch products.

(Oh, and $10 off your order of $50 or more in the Food52 Shop, too.)

Please enter a valid email address.