What do I serve with an apricot-berry tart? For brunch?

I'm stumped. Making brunch for 3 special people. What do I serve with a rustic tart that is loaded with summer fruit and super sweet and gooey. Would be nice to balance the sweetness. Thanks for any ideas!

asked by Dani almost 3 years ago

Exbruxelles

I'd make tartine with lentils, braised greens w/bacon and a poached egg.

Zane

Sounds wonderful. I would just provide something basic like slices of ham and scrambled eggs.

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

It would be nice to take advantage of summer veggies along with those wonderful fruits. I like to make a light summer succotash with poached or sunny side eggs. Things like zucchini, sweet corn, butter/fava beans, romanesco, shallot, etc. You could toss in some farmer's cheese and light herbs like dill and chive....fresh and not overpowering in the least.

Caetie

Some plain greek yogurt would be great as a toping for the tart. If you're looking for additional dishes, I would say poached eggs over greens or a frittata.

If available in your area, I would go for simple grilled fish (trout with lemon and herbed rice, or what's best in market) as main dish.

Jenny Maria

I was thinking AS caetie greek yoghurt and a fritatta

sonya

Unsweetened whipped cream