Is this relish safe to water bath can?

I have a recipe for a zucchini relish, which calls for 6 cups of shredded zucchini, 2 cups of onions, 1-2 bell peppers, 1 1/2 cups of sugar and 1 1/2 cups of vinegar. I make it often and keep it in the fridge, because we eat it quite fast. I am thinking of preserving it and wondering if there is enough acidity to use water bath caner?

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

asked almost 3 years ago

Have you messaged mrswheelbarrow? You could also purchase some pH paper and if the mixture is 4.6 or below it should be safe.

No because of the low acidity of several of the ingredients. It would be safe in a pressure canner, not water bath. I agree with hardlikearmour in checking with an expert like Mrs. Wheelbarrow.

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

Thank you both. I will message mrswheelbarrow. SKK, you are right, I was worried about the low acidity, but I do not have a pressure canner :(