🔕 🔔

San Diego Breweries

Im visiting southern California in a couple weeks and would like to go down to San Diego for some beer tasting. I know I can do a tour but am thinking it might be more fun to drive around and explore ourselves. Any suggestions on where to start??

asked by Jennifer W almost 2 years ago

It depends on whether you plan to stay in San Diego or drive up to North County. There are so many breweries in Vista, San Marcos and Escondido, the 78 freeway is known as Hops Highway. https://sandiegohopshighway...

If you're staying downtown and looking for a fun place to hang out, check out Ballast Point in Little Italy. Stone has a tasting room at Liberty Station in Point Loma in addition to the brewery in Escondido.

We are staying in San Clemente and going down to San Diego for the day. I was just looking for a good overall San Diego brew experience that isnt too touristy.