Our NYC Holiday Market is open—this weekend only! Come see us »
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Deep-Fried Apple Pies

38903c3f 0b0e 4268 b068 a424d37c060a  c 51

I have a question about the recipe "Deep-Fried Apple Pies" from Tieghan Gerard. How would these hold up if made a few hours ahead of eating?

asked by phunnygirl over 1 year ago
88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px

Looking at the recipe and photo, it looks like they would still be tasty a couple hours after frying. At least to me...

That said, I've never come across a single deep fried item that was as good several hours after it had been fried as it is when it comes straight from the fryer.

It's really up to you to decide if the pre-fried items are acceptable in quality vis-a-vis the ones that come straight out of the fryer.

If it were fried chicken, I would say "maybe." If it were Japanese vegetable tempura, I'd say "no freakin' way."

This is basically the question each person has to ask for any dish that sits around much longer than the intended serving timeframe. Each single person has a different idea of what is acceptable product deterioration.

Some people are happy eating sushi from a plastic box sitting in a grocer's refrigerator; others will not eat sushi unless they are sitting at the sushi bar and looking at the people who makes it.

It's entirely your call.