🔕 🔔

I always roast and it works beautifully. You can poke holes in the outside skin to let steam escape if you're worried about it being too wet. I'm not sure if it makes much of a difference, though. There is a lot of variation in the juiciness of pumpkins, so if it looks really wet once cooked, cut it up into small pieces (or roughly mash) and drain in a colander for a half hour or so. Also, if making a yeast bread, allow it to rest after you've combined the ingredients and started to knead, for at least 20 minutes, to allow the flour to absorb the liquid from the pumpkin. You'll have a better sense of whether you need to add more flour to achieve the right moisture level in the dough, if you do that. Good luck!! ;o)

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

I also roast. If it makes a moisture difference, it is to the better. Pumpkin has plenty of water.

6f614b0c 899e 467f b032 d68711f70a39  2011 03 07 18 28 41 870

I almost always roast. It draws out some of the liquid & deepens the flavor...