🔕 🔔

My Basket ()

All questions

Searching for a springform tube pan that is NOT non-stick

My ancient 9" springform tube pan finally died and I am searching for a new one. I don't like or trust non-stick coatings, especially if I am going to apply heat. Visits to the usual high-end cookware stores as well as my wonderful local hardware have yielded nothing but non-stick pans. I've tried eBay. Any ideas?

asked by calendargirl over 1 year ago
5 answers 410 views
88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px
added over 1 year ago

I suggest you try Amazon and your local restaurant supply stores, the professional grade ones, not Sur La Table or Williams-Sonoma. Also, maybe Smart & Final. They are discount chain, so they might have the plain ones.

Not sure if a dollar store would carry the plain ones, but if you drive by one, it can't hurt to pop your head in.

Good luck.

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028
added over 1 year ago

Go to katom.com, a restaurant supply company. They seem to have some.

B0e51b35 a002 4fdd adc2 f06fa947184e  baci1

HalfPint is a trusted home cook.

added over 1 year ago

Try Fantes.com.

4f98639e b8b3 42cd 9b01 ec8a503c5fdd  2010 09 15 14.22.07
added over 1 year ago

Thank you so much everyone! Fantes.com carries a tin version which will be perfect. Katom's offerings lean toward angel food pans, but I love knowing about this place and have been oggling their wares. And I never knew of Smart & Final either, so I have learned a lot through my query. In the end, professional restaurant supply houses win (again)!

23b88974 7a89 4ef5 a567 d442bb75da04  avatar

Nancy is a trusted home cook.

added over 1 year ago

Rose Levy Beranbaum recommended in her Cake Bible a sort of tube accessory which can convert any round cake pan into a tube pan. If I remember rightly, it plain metal...regular, no coating.
Have a look at the baking supply or restaurant supply houses for this, if the solutions proposed so far don't work out.

Let's Keep in Touch!

Get the recipes and features that have us talking, plus first dibs on events and limited-batch products.

(Oh, and $10 off your order of $50 or more in the Food52 Shop, too.)

Please enter a valid email address.