Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

Why do the outer Madeleines stick to the pan?

First time Madeleine maker using a traditional French recipe. The tin is non stick and I treated it properly with melted butter, flour and by chilling. The Madeleines in the middle of the pan came out perfectly but the outer ones all stuck and needed pulling out. Every hole was treated the same. Any ideas? I did think it might be something to do with heat (I use a fan oven FYI), but not sure what?

asked by Rachel Phipps about 3 years ago

The outer part of the pan will cook faster - that might be why. Were they more baked? Maybe you could take them out before the middle ones are done?

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.