A question about a recipe: Lemon Curd

F6e84a0b 9ebb 4cc3 8ee2 dfca83daca1e  9256942286 9a081d947a z

I have a question about the recipe "Lemon Curd" from Alice Medrich. I'm a novice baker - is there any reason I couldn't finish off the top of a pan of the Brown Sugar Shortbread (from your Baking book!) with this, and bake a little bit more to make some lemon bars?

asked by NancyD over 2 years ago

Jimmy Hoxie

No, this would not work. The butter would become unemulsified and the egg yolks would curdle. You could use the cookie as a crust, but definitely do not bake the lemon curd. There is a great recipe in her book for lemon bars that uses a shortbread crust. If you are really itching to make lemon bars, I would follow that.

soozbooz3

If you have lemon curd laying around already and that is why you asked, why not "ice" the brown sugar shortbread with it and keep in fridge. instead of baking it again. win win!