I'm prepping sweet potato casserole now to bake tomorrow. I'll be storing it in the fridge. How long do I let it sit out before baking?

It will be topped with a pecan praline coating, too. Should I wait to make the praline topping, tomorrow?

• Posted by: jeanne
  • November 23, 2016

Sarah Jampel
Sarah Jampel November 23, 2016

You don't need to let it sit out before baking at all—you can bake straight from the fridge! As for the praline topping, I'd make it but keep it separate (just in case it will sog with the moisture of the sweet potatoes).

jeanne
jeanne November 23, 2016

To answer below, the butter is melted to make the praline topping. When you put the whole thing in it makes the candy on top. I think I'll just wait to make that part, tomorrow. It doesn't take long. Here's a link to the recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe...

jeanne
jeanne November 23, 2016

The praline topping has butter in it. Should I refrigerate it, too? Or is it safe to leave out over night?Thank you, thank you, thank you, for bringing my anxiety level down. :) Have a happy Thanksgiving!

Sarah Jampel
Sarah Jampel November 23, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!! Yes, I'd refrigerate it. But is the butter melted to make the praline? Is it something that will... congeal? or re-clump?... with refrigeration?