Fish

My European parents decided we're having fish for thanksgiving what can I cook with it to make it the most thanksgivinigish and would taste good?

asked by Naomie about 3 years ago

Sarah Jampel
Sarah Jampel

Sarah is Food52's senior staff writer & stylist.

Our Art Director Alexis makes a stuffed fish with an oyster stuffing, and it's incredible! https://food52.com/blog.... If you use a large fihs, like Alexis recommends, you'll definitely capture the spirit of the day! This recipe (https://food52.com/recipes...) from Amanda Hesser is also one of my favorites!! It's on the pricier side, since you have to invest in olive oil for poaching and high-quality tuna, but it's really special and would taste great over a nice grain salad with roasted vegetables.

Cav
Cav

Depends on the fish really. But green beans, potatoes and bacon work with most.

If it's a dark-fleshed and/or fatty fish (salmon, mackerel etc), have some sort of acidic dressing or salsa as a contrast. Include cranberries or tomatoes (American produce).
If it's a white fleshed fish, include a rice dish (Carolinas) or cornbread or cornbread stuffing (American south).
Also any potatoes, sweet potatoes, winter squash, apples, maple syrup, cabbage...local and seasonal.