Should I be worried about having over salted my dry brined turkey?

Meredith S. November 25, 2015
Thanks again for your support! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Meredith S. November 25, 2015
They (6 T´s) were on for less than 45 min. So I guess we are in the clear! It has been in the fridge for 18 hours so far and I am not planning on taking it out for another 24. That shouldn´t be a problem, right?

Kenzi W. November 25, 2015
You're totally in the clear. And not a problem at all—we actually like to rock a dry brine for a full 3 days. You're good! Your turkey is good. Happy Thanksgiving!

Kenzi W. November 25, 2015
We take turkeys seriously :). How long were the 6 Ts on for? If shorter than 2/3 hours, I wouldn't worry at all. Keep your 1 tablespoon on there and proceed as normal. (Keeping in mind that the drippings from a dry-brined bird will always be saltier than normal!)

Kenzi W. November 25, 2015
Don't worry—we've got this. How much salt did you dry brine with, and how many pounds is the bird? And how long has it been on? You can always rinse off the brine, pat dry, and leave uncovered in the fridge if you're worried.

Meredith S. November 25, 2015
Thank you! My bird is 12.43 pounds, I applied about 6 tablespoons (!!) of salt, realized my mistake, washed it, patted dry and reapplied 1 tablespoon of salt. Thoughts? (P.S. THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTION SO QUICKLY! THIS IS AWESOME!)