🔕 🔔

I dont know if I used enough salt for my dry brine.

I am using a recipe I found in the NY Times to only use salt to dry brine a turkey. My turkey is 24 pounds and so it called for 1 table spoon of kosher salt for every 4 pounds of turkey. That was like 6 tablespoons of salt! So I only used about 4 tablespoons. Did I undersalt? Should I add more? Bird has been sitting in it since last night in fridge. Thank you so much!

asked by omarosa 5 months ago

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

I would add more as directed.

F8bcab55 ddd5 4fea b957 f93cfd2a9ccd  dsc02631
Leith Devine

Leith is a trusted home cook.

You need to add the other 2 TB of salt, spread it around the turkey like you did the first time. The NY Times recipe is similar to the one on this site, but this one has better directions and years worth of questions and answers. https://food52.com/recipes...