I dont know if I used enough salt for my dry brine.

I am using a recipe I found in the NY Times to only use salt to dry brine a turkey. My turkey is 24 pounds and so it called for 1 table spoon of kosher salt for every 4 pounds of turkey. That was like 6 tablespoons of salt! So I only used about 4 tablespoons. Did I undersalt? Should I add more? Bird has been sitting in it since last night in fridge. Thank you so much!

asked by omarosa about 1 year ago

I would add more as directed.

Leith Devine
Leith Devine

Leith is a trusted home cook.

You need to add the other 2 TB of salt, spread it around the turkey like you did the first time. The NY Times recipe is similar to the one on this site, but this one has better directions and years worth of questions and answers. https://food52.com/recipes...