dry brining

i dry-brined my turkey per the russ parson's recipe but didn't read the recipe carefully enough and didn't dry the turkey before salting it. i didn't rinse it, just took a fresh turkey out of the bag, trimmed it and took out the neck/giblets, then salted it. it wasn't too wet. is it fine as is or should i rinse it off and resalt (it's been about 2 hours since i dry-brined it)? thanks!

asked by betsysbites almost 6 years ago

As long as the turkey wasn't too wet, I think it should be fine.

Yes, just pat it dry well when you take it out of the brining bag -- it's more important to dry the skin then, so it will crisp up nicely.

betsysbites

thanks!