Is it too late to dry brine the turkey?

Can I still dry brine the turkey? Is there a point where you shouldn't salt the turkey until right before cooking?

asked by Randi almost 5 years ago

Dry brining works best when you can do it for 2 days. But if you get your turkey ready now I think you'll still have the benefit of the brine, since you aren't roasting the turkey until Thursday

Brette Warshaw

It will definitely still be delicious!

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

Here is Michael Symon's recipe where he dry brines for one day. Go for it! http://www.foodandwine...

frizz

I read the dry-brined recipe here this morning thinking I had plenty of time today to salt the bird. I panicked and then saw this thread. Thank you so much for that Michael Symon recipe! It looks delicious and saves the day!