Can I put my Pyrex pan directly in a hot oven after removing it from the freezer? I prepared my apple pie a day ahead and froze it.

I heard that Pyrex glass can explode if temperature changes abruptly.

asked by Ellen over 2 years ago

kate

It depends on if it's the old Pyrex or the new Pyrex. If it has a slightly blue-green tint it's the newer type that is prone to exploding. The old Pyrex, which is perfectly clear, can withstand more drastic temperature changes.

Caroline Lange

you can also chill a cookie sheet and put that beneath your frozen pie as you put it into the oven—that should temper the heat a little bit, and decrease the shock to your pie plate.