🔕 🔔

Can I put my Pyrex pan directly in a hot oven after removing it from the freezer? I prepared my apple pie a day ahead and froze it.

I heard that Pyrex glass can explode if temperature changes abruptly.

asked by Ellen almost 2 years ago

It depends on if it's the old Pyrex or the new Pyrex. If it has a slightly blue-green tint it's the newer type that is prone to exploding. The old Pyrex, which is perfectly clear, can withstand more drastic temperature changes.

D0abaf68 a3aa 4105 a15a 732c3fd0d9ee  186158

you can also chill a cookie sheet and put that beneath your frozen pie as you put it into the oven—that should temper the heat a little bit, and decrease the shock to your pie plate.