I intended to make 1.5x a recipe for pie crust. I did so for all ingredients except butter, which did at 2x. It has rested overnight. can it be saved

Worried the gluten will develop differently if I cut in more flour

Sarah Jampel
Sarah Jampel November 26, 2015

Sadly, I think the best bet with this one is to start over. Lots of pie recipes are quick to put together and take only 30 minutes of resting time. We like this one: https://food52.com/recipes....

That being said, you could try rolling your crust in a lot of flour and doing a test run! Bake a few mini pie "crackers" (or par-bake a pie crust in the pan) and see what happens! I'm worried the butter might leak out, but you never know—and now that it's made, you might as well try!

Kristen Polletta
Kristen Polletta November 26, 2015

Good point about leaking out. I used 1/3 of it for pumpkin pie last night before realizing and I think that happened. Good suggestions! Thank you

Nancy November 26, 2015

Not sure, but what I'd do in this situation is complete the dough recipe for 2x, then portion off the 1.5x you need and refrigerate or freeze the rest for another time.